Winter 5K Training
Starts December 2nd at Columbia and Fells Point!
Whether you are a walker looking to take your first running steps or a 5K veteran looking to improve your race time this winter, there is a place in our training group for you! Even if you aren't planning on running at 5K at the end of the program, this group is the perfect way to stay active and motivated during the cold winter months! Each program has options for both beginner and intermediate training.
Our 6-week Winter 5K training program is offered at Charm City Run Columbia and Fells Point. You will meet twice a week in a supportive small group setting with an expert coach for speed workouts and group runs in addition to following a weekly training plan on your own.
During your 6 weeks you will also receive weekly emails with your training plan and motivation, access to an expert coach, running education on topics including hydration and injury prevention, a Run Happy premium training shirt and a 10% discount at all our stores.
As a 5K training participant, you also have a unique opportunity to purchase a training and Brooks shoe package for a special price. Once you register, bring your receipt into the store to be fit by our staff for your new pair of Brooks shoes!
This session will start December 2nd in Columbia and Fells Point and end January 7th.
Target Race: Any 5K race in early January.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Supported group runs and workouts twice a week with planned routes, refreshments and companionship
- Positive and welcoming atmosphere for runners and walkers of all levels
- Weekly training plans - beginner and intermediate options
- Access to expert coaching services and advice
- Brooks Technical T-Shirt
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run
- Nutrition, gear and injury prevention education