Charm City Run Events
Charm City Run Events is a race management, sports promotion, and events coordination company, comprised of individuals with varied business, education and sports backgrounds. The principals have experience in participating, consulting and managing endurance events; including road races, duathlons, triathlons, biking events and long distance swims.
Charm City Run Events can provide a variety of services, depending on an organization’s needs and desires. These needs will vary depending on the size and type of event, availability of organizational staff and/or volunteers in the planning process and the event budget. Depending on the organizational needs, Charm City Run Events can provide the following;
- Initial consulting and total planning of your event.
- Course design and measurement including USATF certification.
- Sponsorship suggestions. (Actual solicitation of sponsors would be on a fee basis)
- Graphics suggestions and assistance with production of logos and/or design of an application.
- Discussion and coordination of race course with local officials, including filing of necessary permits, review of course management and community outreach.
- Mailing data base and access to mail house to mail event marketing materials.
- Staff medical personnel and emergency management plan development.
- Instructions to and coordination of key event personnel and volunteers.
- Computerized registration, results and statistics for web listing and social media posting.
- Coordination of other essential providers; photographers, tents, table and chair rentals, scaffolding, sound systems, music, announcers and similar items.
- Premium design and acquisition.
- Prize/award recommendations and acquisition
- Provide results for awards ceremony and posted results.
- Event listing on the Charm City Run website and through social media networks.
- Complete set up, control and management of start and finish line, including finish line structure and chute material, digital clocks, all computers, timing equipment and related items. (Charm City Run Events does offer electronic chip timing.)
Because of the needs of different organizations, the cost of an event will vary depending on those needs and the event location and logistics.
We are a team comprised of four full time staff members and fifty team members that assist with the event day preparations and logistics. We operate out of a warehouse in Timonium, Maryland.
Events We Own
We own and operate the following events:
- The Under Armour B3 Distance Series presented by KELLY (Distance Challenge comprised of the Shamrock 5K, Sole of the City 10K and Charles Street 12
- Under Armour KELLY St. Patrick's Day Shamrock 5K in March
- Under Armour Sole of the City 10K presented by KELLY in April
- Cinco de Miler in May
- Baltimore Women's Classic 5K in June
- Boordy Vineyards 5K in August
- Under Armour Charles Street 12 presented by KELLY in September
- 20 Miler in September
In-Store Participant Registration
We accept registrations for events in all of our retail locations.
Events that are owned and operated by CCR
Credit Card Payment
For the events that are owned and operated by Charm City Run (Shamrock, Sole of the City 10K, Charles Street 12, B3 Series , BWC, etc.) we are able to accept credit card payments through the register (RICS). The registration fee will be listed on registration form as well as a pop up once you scan the proper UPC code for each event. If there is a special discount (Under Armor Employee, Kelly Employee, etc.) please note on the receipt. The store copy of the receipt should be put in the register. An extra copy of the receipt should be stapled to the back of the registration form. Place the registration form in blue registration box behind the front counter.
Cash or Check Payment
Attach cash or check to back of registration form. Fill out paper registration receipt and give to the registrant. Place the registration form in blue registration box behind the counter. PLEASE DO NOT RUN THIS TRANSACTION THROUGH THE REGISTER.
Events that CCR manages for other organizations
We also manage races for other organizations. For these races we can accept registrations in each retail location but we are not able to run them through the register. Attach the cash or check payment to the back of the registration form. Fill out paper registration receipt and give to the registrant. Place the registration in blue registration box behind the front counter.
Employee Race Entry to CCR Owned and Operated Events
CCR employees can run events that are owned and operated by Charm City Run at a discounted rate. Please write “Employee” and retail location across the top of the registration form and place in blue registration box behind the front counter.
The prices for our events are as follows:
5 Miler: $15
Charles Street 12: $25
B3 Series: $60
This discounted price does not include a premium/shirt. If there are shirts remaining at the conclusion and participants have been given ample time to swap sizes, they will be available to employees.
Note: If an employee wants to guarantee receipt of a premium and a specific size, they will have to register at the current full fee.