Run Wild for Autism 5K and Family Fun Run
Sunday, September 16 at 8:30 a.m.
Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
NEW THIS YEAR – TEAMS!
Gather your friends, family, colleagues or classmates to come out and support the work of Pathfinders for Autism!
$25 until Sept. 15
$30 on race day
$15 for youth (13 to 17) until Sept. 15
$20 for youth (13 to 17) on race day
Children 12 and under are FREE
Printable Entry Form
NOTE – online registration requires a unique email for each participant. For individuals without an email address there are several options:
1. Use an email of a parent/guardian that is not already being used by a registered participant
2. Set up a FREE account using services such as Gmail or Hotmail
3. Download a form to register by Mail must be RECEIVED by September 12)
4. Register by phone by calling 443-330-5370 (phone registration closes September 14 at 12 p.m.) Please refer to the downloadable form for registration information needed for each participant before calling, such as age and shirt size.
We encourage at least one member of the team register online and set up a team webpage so that you can use this tool to recruit team members and raise funds.
Can't participate but want to support the event? Donations can be mailed to Pathfinders for Autism at 303 International Circle, Suite 110, Hunt Valley, Md. 21030 or donate online.
Saturday, Sept. 15
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Charm City Run Timonium
2045 York Rd., Timonium, Md. 21093
beginning at 7 a.m.
Course: The race will start and end at the zoo. The course will meander through Druid Hill Park after completing a loop through the zoo.
- 5K run and Family Fun Run/Walk through the Maryland Zoo
- Professionally managed race by Charm City Run
- Event T-shirts
- Post-race awards ceremony
- Entertainment for the entire family, featuring games, zoo animal ambassadors and more
- Give-away items
- Post-race snacks
SPECIAL ZOO ADMISSION
Thanks to a generous sponsor, individuals with Autism and their immediate family/team members will be offered access to the Zoo free of charge on race day. To receive passes, you must indicate on your registration form that you or someone in your family/team participating in the event is diagnosed with Autism. Zoo passes may be picked up on race day during registration (7-8:15 a.m.) at the Zoo's Main Gate or during the post-race activities (9-10 a.m.) in the Waterfowl Pavilion ONLY. Tickets will not be distributed after 10 a.m. Complimentary admission tickets WILL NOT be offered at the Zoo’s main entrance.
Additionally, the Zoo is providing reduced-price tickets to all other race participants. Tickets will be available for purchase from 7–9:30 a.m. at the Main Gate:
Senior: $8.50 (65 and over)
Child: $7.50 (2-11 years old)
Under 2: Free
Pathfinders for Autism is a statewide organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with autism and their families. The organization was founded in 2000 by the parents of children with autism, including Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer William "B.J." Surhoff and his wife Polly Winde Surhoff. Their mission is to improve the lives of individuals with autism and the people who care for them.
Pathfinders for Autism programs offer:
- Resource Center with caring, knowledgeable staff to assist individuals, families and professionals in finding the information and services they need.
- Public awareness about autism and its effect on individuals, families and society
- Training on pertinent topics by regional experts for individuals, parents and professionals
- Developmental screening training for Maryland pediatricians to improve the early detection of developmental delays, including autism
- Free recreational opportunities that allow the entire family to enjoy a fun outing in an inclusive environment with modest accommodations.
WE NEED RACE DAY VOLUNTEERS!
Volunteers are needed for the event to assist with set up, registration, on-course water stops , split timers, marshals at the finish line, post-race refreshment tables, activities and clean up. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Jennifer Hobbs at email@example.com or 443-330-5370.
Contact Name: Kelly Dees