The 6 Dot Dash is an annual 6K race that is organized by the National Federation of the Blind (NFB). The goal of the event is to raise funds that are used to support our programs that help blind people live the lives they want.
Top Five Reasons to Support the 6 Dot Dash
1. Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds – When you run this race, you’re keeping your body fit and healthy, but did you know that you’re also supporting Braille literacy for blind children? That’s right! With every step you take, you’re ensuring that the minds of these kids grow strong.
2. Teamwork – What better way to bond with colleagues, friends, or family than to run a race? Get a team together, and cheer each other on to the finish line! Speaking of teamwork, remember that there’s strength in numbers. You and your crew can win a prize if you’re one of the three largest teams running the race. So call everyone you know!
3. Supporting Your Community – Since 1978, the National Federation of the Blind has made its home in Baltimore. Why not come out and support a local nonprofit with a fantastic mission?
4. Make a Difference – Whether you run in the race, donate money, or both, you are making a tangible difference in the lives of blind children and adults. You are giving them the tools they need to be literate.
5. Bragging Rights – Challenge yourself or others to run the race, finish strong, and maybe break a personal record.
The NFB is the largest organized group of blind people in the nation. Since 1940, we have been helping blind people live the lives they want through education, advocacy, training, and services, because we know that blindness is not the characteristic that defines blind people or their futures. Your participation and donations go a long way towards furthering our mission.
Online Registration is now closed. Please register in person on race day morning.
Adults (age 13+): $30 January 9th - May 1st; $35 May 2nd - June 4th; $40 on race day)
Children (ages 6-12): $5 through May 1st ($10 May 2nd - June 4th; $15 on race day)
Children 5 and younger are free
Register by May 1st to Receive a Tech T-shirt for Adults or Water Bottle For Children 12 and younger!
There are no refunds or transfers of registration fees permitted for this event.
For more information about the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, and our 6 Dot Dash, email Jerniganinstitute@nfb.org.
Questions? Please contact Kelly Dees at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration begins at 6:30am
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
All runners registered by May 1 will receive a tech T-Shirt for adults or water bottle for children 12 and younger. Shirts and water bottles are not guaranteed after this date.
Water stops and mile markers will be set up throughout the course.
Post-race food and refreshments will be provided to all participants and volunteers.
This 6K kicks off at the NFB Jernigan Institute, and winds through the Baltimore Inner Harbor before finishing back at the NFB. The 6 Dot Dash will be held rain or shine! For the runners' safety, no strollers, skateboards, bikes, or rollerblades are allowed on the course.
The teams with the most registered participants by June 1 will win a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
If you are registering as part of a team please pick or enter that team when prompted to do so during the registration process.
Top three overall male and female
Top male and female finishers in each of the following age groups: 15 and under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70 and over.
Team with the most registered participants
Post Race Festivities
Please join us for a post-race party and awards ceremony with food and refreshments!