The Oktoberfest 5K sponsored by Frisco Tap House is now sold out as the race capacity has been met.
Please join us for our first annual Oktoberfest 5K in Howard County! This race begins at Charm City Run Columbia, rounds Lake Elkhorn and finishes at Frisco Tap House. Post-race party includes live music, beer from Push American Brewing Company (must show valid I.D. to receive 2 free beers) and Frisco’s famous soft pretzels.
Entry Fees (race is sold out for 2016)
There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
7:30 AM Registration and Packet Pick-up
9:00 AM 5K Race Start
Packet Pick Up
On-site starting at 7:30am
Top three overall male and female
Top three male and female in the following age groups:
10 and under
- Gender-specific shirt
- Access to the post-race party and beer garden at Frisco's Tap House.
- Live music from Any the Wiser
- 2 complimentary beers from Push Brewing (Must show valid I.D. to receive 2 free beers)
- A Soft Pretzel
The course starts in front of Charm City Run Columbia on Deepage Drive, runs on the footpaths of Lake Elkhorn and finishes at Frisco Tap House and Brewery.
Parking and Directions
At the Start:
- Charm City Run store lot : 7090 Deepage Drive, Columbia, MD. (Please note this parking lot will fill up fast)
- Brunswick Lanes Bowling Alley Lot : 7100 Carved Stone, Columbia, MD 21045 (**In designated spots only)
- Street parking available on Deepage Drive between Carved Stone and Rustling Leaf
At the Finish:
- Street parking available on Herrmann Drive & Oak Hall Lane near Frisco Tap House
**Shuttle Service from Frisco Tap House to Charm City Run - Columbia (concluding the race)
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (from Dobbins Road to Deepage Road)
Suggested walking route from Frisco Tap House and Brewery (finish) back to Charm City Run - Columbia (Start): (use caution as roads will not be closed)
- Turn left out of Frisco parking lot onto Dobbins Road
- Turn left onto Oakland Mills Road, continue around the bend
- Turn right onto Snowden River Parkway
- Turn right onto Deepage Road, arriving at Charm City Run - Columbia
Public Transportation (Bus Route) from Finish back to the start: **Fare is $1 & Pick up at Oakland Mills Rd and Snowden River Parkway is at 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm
- Walk and turn left out of Frisco parking lot onto Dobbin Road
- Walk and turn left onto Oakland Mills Road, continue around the bend.
- At Oakland Mills Road and Snowden River Parkway, take the 501 Silver Bus westbound on Snowden River 2 stop.
- Get off at the Carved Stone Way Stop in front of Mattress Warehouse
- Continue walking west one block on Snowden River Parkway to Charm City Run Columbia
To register as a volunteer, please click here or email email@example.com
Girls on the Run® is a life-changing, experiential learning program for girls in grades 3rd through 8th. The program combines training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts. The goals of the program are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development. For more information, please click here.
Thanks to our Sponsors
Thank you Christ Episcopal Church and the Rev. Dr. John D. Stonesifer as an event sponsor and sharing their property with us for the 5K course!