Online Registration is now closed. Registration is available on race day morning.
Please join us for the 6th Annual Run Wild for Autism 5K benefitting the Pathfinders for Autism. Run or walk through the Maryland Zoo and Druid Hill Park, then stick around afterwards for family activities, snacks and tour the Zoo free of charge!
$15 Youth (13 to 17)
Children 12 and under FREE
Walk-in registrants are NOT guaranteed race give-away items.
***Set up a team page to recruit team members and raise money.
Online registration requires a unique email for each participant. YOU CANNOT ADD A PARTICIPANT TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND MUST REGISTER EACH PARTICIPANT INDIVIDUALLY. For individuals without an email address (such as children) there are several options:
1. Download a form to register by mail (must be RECEIVED by September 16th) or scan and email to email@example.com
2. Register by phone by calling 443-330-5370. Please refer to the downloadable form for registration information needed for each participant before calling, such as age and shirt size.
We encourage at least one member of the team register online and set up a team webpage so that you can use this tool to recruit team members and raise funds.
Beginning at 7:00am at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore
7:00-8:15am Registration (outside Main Gate)
8:30am Race (8:30 5K, 8:45 Fun Run & Walk)
9:00-11:00am Post-Race Activities at Waterfowl Pavilion
Zoo Gates Open at 10:00am
- 5K Run through the Maryland Zoo and Druid Hill Park
- 1 Mile Fun Run & Walk through the Maryland Zoo
- Professionally Managed Race by Charm City Run
- Post-race awards ceremony
- Games, activities, Animal Ambassadors, and more
- Give-away items
- Post-race snacks
- PLUS SPECIAL RACE DAY ZOO ADMISSION: individuals registered for the race will be able to access the Zoo free of charge on race day. Zoo passes may be picked up on Race Day at check-in.
The race will start and end at the Maryland Zoo. The course will meander through Druid Hill Park after completing a loop through the zoo.
Visit the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore's website for GPS coordinates, Zoo map, and more Parking - free to all attendees, please park at the main Zoo entrance
Beneficiary: Pathfinders for Autism
Pathfinders for Autism is a statewide organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with autism and their families. The organization was founded in 2000 by the parents of children with autism, including Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer William "B.J." Surhoff and his wife Polly Winde Surhoff. Their mission is to improve the lives of individuals with autism and the people who care for them.
Pathfinders for Autism programs offer:
Resource Center with caring, knowledgeable staff to assist individuals, families and professionals in finding the information and services they need.
Public awareness about autism and its effect on individuals, families and society
Training on pertinent topics by regional experts for individuals, parents and professionals
Developmental screening training for Maryland pediatricians to improve the early detection of developmental delays, including autism
Free recreational opportunities that allow the entire family to enjoy a fun outing in an inclusive environment with modest accommodations.
Volunteering at Run Wild
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jenn Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-330-5370.
All runners and walkers are welcome to use strollers. Per the Zoo's policy, no pets are allowed.