Baltimore Women's Classic 5K Training
Prepare to race with thousands of other strong women in June.
The BWC Women’s Training Program is presented to prepare you for the Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K. Our goal is to provide a fun, inexpensive and supportive workout, and to encourage women to embark on a lifelong program of fitness.
The 6-week training is broken into four groups, depending on your own goals and physical condition. Whether you have yet to start a walking program, or are a seasoned runner looking to improve your race time, one of our groups will be right for you. We offer groups for: beginning and intermediate Walkers, walker to run, beginning runners and intermediate runners. You may also change groups at any time.
This training program will start the week of May 15th.
Target Race: The Mercy Baltimore's Women's Classic on Sunday, June 25.
What to Expect
- Supported group runs once a week with a warm-up session, planned routes, refreshments and companionship
- Flexible workouts for ALL LEVELS from the beginner walker to the intermediate runner
- 6-week training plan
- Access to expert coaching services and advice
- Premium hat (if you attend 4 or more sessions)
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run and If The Shoe Fits
- Discounted entry to the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K
- Speakers on a variety of fitness-related topics such as nutrition, gear and injury prevention education
DATES & TIMES
Info Session & First Run:
- Tuesday, May 16th at 6:30pm
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm
Meeting Spot: Charm City Run Bel Air
Coach: Pam Moore
Contact: email Pam
Info Session & First Run:
- Thursday, May 18th at 6:30pm at CHARM CITY RUN IN TIMONIUM
- Thursdays at 6:30pm at Goucher
Meeting Spot: Dorsey Hall Parking Lot at Goucher College (across from the pond)
Coach: Meghan Murphy & Joselin Martin
Contact: email Meghan & Joselin
Word on the Street
"I can not say thank you enough to the coaches of the BWC training program. They were friendly and supportive. I feel great and healthy, this was a wonderful experience and I cannot wait to run another race!"
"I thought it was a very supportive group of women, and a very diverse group as well-walkers, beginning runners, and intermediate runners-who were encouraging to everyone. I came away from each week's training feeling more confident of my abilities."
"Randi Woods and the other coaches at the Druid Hill location were EXCELLENT! They were encouraging, motivating and lots of fun. They made the program something to look forward to each week."