2018 Boston Marathon Training
Train to race your best in Boston next April!
Congratulations! If you're headed to Boston next April, this group is for you! Our Boston Marathon Training Program is targeted towards runners who have qualified for the 2018 Boston Marathon or have similar marathon qualifications. Prerequisites for the program are outlined below. This group will be based out of the Timonium and Bel Air areas.
This session will start December 9th and end April 16th.
Target Race: Boston Marathon on April 16th.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Supported group runs and workouts twice a week with planned routes, refreshments and companionship. Every Tuesday evening, we will do intervals at a local track and every Saturday we will meet for long runs
- A personalized training program with suggested paces for every run, including easy runs, tempo runs, intervals, and long runs.
- Weekly emails from the coaches with important runs for the week and any other important information – i.e. in store events, seminars, etc.
- Access to expert coaching services and advice
- Brooks logo training premium
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations.
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run
- Advice from Charm City Run staff regarding apparel, running form, strength training, nutrition, race strategy, pacing, and more
In order to participate in a Boston Marathon training program, you must meet at least one of the first two criteria and be willing to adhere to the third. These criteria include:
1. Have completed a marathon within the last 18 months and recorded a time within 20 minutes of your Boston Marathon qualifying time. For instance, if you are an 18-34 year old male, your qualifying time is a 3:05. In order to qualifying for this training program, you will need to have run a 3:25 or faster within the last 18 months. Click here for qualifying times.
2. Run one or more half marathons within the last 12 months and recorded a time that if you double your time and add 15 minutes, will equal a Boston qualifying time. For instance, for an 18-34 year old male, you would have to run a half marathon in 1:25 or faster within the last 12 months
3. You have to be willing and able to run 12 miles at a time on day one of the training and you have to be willing to run 5 or more days a week and 55 or more mile per week.
Dates & Times
- Tuesday, November 28th at 6:30pm at Charm City Run Timonium
- Saturday, December 9th at 7:30am at Charm City Run Timonium
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
Location: This group will train in the Bel Air and Timonium areas.
Coach: Jeff Burger
Sign Up for the Info Session
Do you have questions about our Boston Marathon training program or want to learn more? Join us for the informational session with coach Coach Jeff on Tuesday, November 28th at Charm City Run Timonium. He will outline the structure of the group and answer any and all your questions! Sign up below so we know to expect you.