Boston Marathon Qualifier Training
Starts May 6th!
The Charm City Run Boston Marathon Qualifier Program is targeted towards runners who have a realistic goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon and/or runners who may have already qualified for the Boston Marathon and are interested in bettering their marathon time.
This session will start May 6th and end September 10th.
Target Race: Lehigh Valley Marathon on September 10th as well as any other race during this time frame in order to submit a qualifying bid for the 2018 Boston Marathon.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Supported group runs and workouts twice a week with planned routes, refreshments and companionship. Every Tuesday evening, we will do intervals at a local track and every Saturday we will meet for long runs.
- A personalized training program with suggested paces for every run, including easy runs, tempo runs, intervals, and long runs.
- Weekly emails from the coaches with important runs for the week and any other important information – i.e. in store events, seminars, etc.
- Access to expert coaching services and advice.
- Logo training premium.
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations.
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run.
- Advice from Charm City Run staff regarding apparel, running form, strength training, nutrition, race strategy, pacing, and more.
In order to participate in a Boston Marathon training program, you must meet at least one of the first two criteria and be willing to adhere to the third. These criteria include:
1. Have completed a marathon within the last 18 months and recorded a time within 20 minutes of your Boston Marathon qualifying time. For instance, if you are an 18-34 year old male, your qualifying time is a 3:05. In order to qualifying for this training program, you will need to have run a 3:25 or faster within the last 18 months. Click here for qualifying times.
2. Run one or more half marathons within the last 12 months and recorded a time that if you double your time and add 15 minutes, will equal a Boston qualifying time. For instance, for an 18-34 year old male, you would have to run a half marathon in 1:25 or faster within the last 12 months
3. You have to be willing and able to run 12 miles at a time on day one of the training and you have to be willing to run 5 or more days a week and 55 or more mile per week.
Dates & Times
- Wednesday, April 19th at 6:30pm
- Saturday, May 6th at 7:30am
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Saturdays at 7:30am
Coach: Jeff Burger
Other Upcoming Sessions
Click below to explore our other full marathon training programs:
Boston Marathon Training - Starts December 9th