Baltimore Running Festival/Race For the Cure 5K Training
We're dropping the price of our 5K groups so everyone can join us as we train for two of our favorite days in Baltimore!
BIG NEWS! We are offering our 5K training program at a one-time, special price of $50 leading up to the Baltimore Running Festival and the Race for the Cure. We want everyone to be a part of the amazing atmopshere at these two special days in Baltimore from our early morning pep talks at Pickles Pub before the Baltimore Running Festival to crossing the finish line at the new location of the Race for the Cure.
Whether you are a walker looking to take your first running steps or a 5K veteran looking to improve your race time this fall, there is a place in our training group for you! Each training program is broken up into two groups - beginner and intermediate.
Our 6-week training program is offered at all 8 of our locations across Maryland. You will meet twice a week in a supportive small group setting with an expert coach for speed workouts and group runs in addition to following a weekly training plan on your own.
During your 6 weeks you will also receive weekly emails with your training plan and motivation, access to an expert coach, running education on topics including hydration and injury prevention, a Run Happy premium training shirt and a 10% discount at all our stores.
Plus, if you join us for the Baltimore Running Festival, you're invited to Pickles Pub for a pre-race and post-race meet up. After you're done running we'll celebrate with food, drinks and lots of photos!
Ready to start? Groups will start at all stores the week of September 11th. Please check below for specific training dates and times.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Supported group runs and workouts twice a week with planned routes, refreshments and companionship
- Positive and welcoming atmosphere for runners and walkers of all levels
- Weekly training plans - beginner and intermediate options
- Access to expert coaching services and advice
- Brooks Run Happy Revolution T-Shirt
- Gait analysis with footwear recommendations
- 10% store discount at Charm City Run
- Nutrition, gear and injury prevention education
- Pre and post-race meet-up at Pickles Pub for the Baltimore Running Festival
Dates & Times
Check out the meeting dates and times for the location closest to you. Before you head out for your first group run, your coach will lead an information session that will address the program expectations and benefits and answer any of your questions. To sign up for an info session, please fill out the form below.
Info Session & First Run:
- Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00pm @ the Ma & Pa Trail head at Williams St.
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm
- Saturdays at 7:00am
Coach: Pam Moore